Thursday, August 27, 2009

Charting Your BBT (Basal Body Temperature) So You Can Get Pregnant Fast

So you've been having trouble conceiving, or you are being proactive and charting just in case- either reason is perfect for beginning your bbt charting experience. With my Type A personality, this gave me something to "organize" and "track" and I actually enjoyed this. Call me crazy, but it's part of my personality! I posted my article from GoArticles.com below so you can see what steps to take if you would like to start charting your basal body temperature. Good luck!

Taking Charge of Your Fertility, Chart Your Basal Body Temperature by Bobbie Turner

Charting your BBT (basal body temperature) isn't rocket science, but it just takes consistency. There are some tools you will need to get started: a basal body thermometer (see my blog for my recommendation), a bbt chart (check babycenter) and a pen.

There are some things to remember when you are charting your bbt to get the most accurate charts.

1. Take your temperature at the SAME TIME every morning.

You are going to want to take your temperature before you get out of bed, drink or eat anything. To be honest, I kept my thermometer in a case on my window sill in my bathroom and I tested myself every morning at 5:30am when I got up to urinate. Yes, I got out of bed, but because I did the same routine every morning it reflected the consistency.

2. Chart your temperature even if it's not at the same time as usual.

Mark your temperature and at what time you took it. One number shouldn't skew your chart too bad. I've had a few "off" numbers on my chart and when you draw your coverline, you'll see that it was a deviation from your pattern.

3. Draw a coverline (baseline)where your regular temperatures are.

You need this coverline so you can see where the definite drop in temperature is to reflect when you ovulate and then the immediate sharp rise in temperature right after you ovulate. Now, you won't catch your ovulation day the first month you chart. Charting your bbt is a historical chart and shows what to expect for the next month. Using an ovulation test in conjunction with charting your bbt will help you identifying how close you are to ovulation.

Hopefully, this gets you pointed in the right direction in beginning to chart your monthly menstrual cycle. Remember, these charts are so important in case you have trouble getting pregnant. This is a resource for your doctor so he/she can see what is going on with your cycles. Good luck and happy baby-making!

Learn how YOU can GET PREGNANT FAST!




Read my story HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment