Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ok, It's On - We're Trying for Baby #2!

So, my son, Asher, is just about 10 months old. He's a VERY mobile baby and is in to EVERYTHING. He had acid reflux early on and has always been very intense. With this, I wasn't sure how soon we would want to grow our family even more, but since I was laid off my job due to downsizing, I've been looking at my life differently.

I think it's time for a change. I like being at home and doing "mommy" things, but I also will be pursuing work part-time because I need the "me" time for sure.

I started using the OPK's (Ovulation Kits) this cycle, so we'll see if it happens fast or it takes awhile.

For those of you who are not familiar with my story, here goes...

I was pregnant and miscarried 3 times before I got pregnant with Asher. We were getting pregnant fine, but my body was rejecting the baby every time. We discovered I had low progesterone. That means that no matter how many times I got pregnant, the baby wouldn't stick unless I got my progesterone where it needed to be or supplemented. I took 200mg of progesterone daily for the first 12 weeks of Asher's life. I took pills orally, but some can be taken vaginally or as shots.

Since I've had Asher, I've been doing the following to help my body balance its hormones:
1. Getting Acupuncture treatments
2. Getting weekly Chiropractic adjustments
3. Taking Chinese Herbs
4. Exercising and eating healthy
5. Relaxation and visualization (when Asher naps of course!)

That's a brief look into my story. Now that we are trying for #2, I've been charting my BBT (Basal Body Temperature) and the OPK's. We are also making it a point to have intercourse more often.

Here's to babies!!

If you are struggling to get pregnant like I was for a year, please READ HERE for more information on how to conceive quickly, safely and naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment